Fat


"This do ye; lade your beasts, and go, get you unto the land of Canaan; And take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land."



Starting a blog is something I have wanted to do for a while. I have a lot of thoughts swimming around in my head and needed a place to get them out and free up space. 
"Eat of the fat of the land." 
This phrase has been stuck in my head for a few weeks now. After a month of eating a carnivore (animal based) diet, I have come to appreciate fat. Fatty cuts of meat, whole fat dairy, and egg yolks are all my favorite things to eat. Our brains are the fattest organs in our body at 60% fat. Our cells are made of cholesterol. We are fat. We are born fat and in a ketogenic (fat burning) state. Fat is the preferred fuel for our bodies and we are killing ourselves by trying to eliminate it.

This isn't going to be a weight loss blog, but I will touch on it from time to time. What woman doesn't think about her weight, anyway? I have been losing and gaining the same 10lbs for 10 years now. I start a diet, lose the weight in a few weeks, think I can maintain it but slowly creep back to my old diet and gain it back. I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. I'm focused on healing my mind and body, and that is what this blog will be about. 

In the month I have been on the animal based diet, I have eliminated my digestive issues. The bloating, pain, and irregularity are all gone. It feels like I'm doing something right and I will continue until I feel like doing something different. In my next post I'll share what I've been eating. Until then, stay fat. ☮


Comments

Popular Posts